Wednesday, January 1, 2014

#Living Healthy Happy New Years

It has been two year since I started my journey to living healthier and loosing weight. I have not lost the weight I wanted to. It is really hard to focus on me with the responsibilities of work, kids, caretaker, wife etc...   I am reading a book titled "NO more Christian Nice Girl". It is about learning to tell people no and doing more yourself and still remaining a christian. I really need to take the time to finish reading the book. I have to tell my family no, so I can read the book! LOL.  I think I a going to try a new gym this month. I am not sure if I am going to go to Planet Fitness or LA fitness.

I am proud that I have broke my addiction to Dr. Pepper and Reeces. It has been 18 months since I have drank soda pop like it was water. I still have a Dr Pepper every once awhile, but no often. I drink tea and coffee most of the time. I still need to drink more plain water. I now have a fancy refrigerator with filtered water, so that will help.

So...how did I survive the holidays? Well, we didn't have the usual large supplies of sweats that we use too. I only fixed cherry pie and one batch of fudge (which I burned and yet under-cooked at the same time). We had ham, potato's, green bean casserole and potato salad. The good lord gave me the flu for Christmas so my band was to tight and I was unable to swallow anything that wasn't soft. My family still enjoyed a nice meal (which I managed to burn everything).

New Years EVE and New Years Day food:

New Years Eve I ate awful. My mom bought us dinner which consisted of a yummy blue cheese burger and onion rings. After a week of ham, beans, eggs and potatoes it tasted yummy and was appreciated by all. Still all foods that I shouldn't be eating. We than had hummus and chips while we stayed up waiting for the new year.

New Year's Day:
Today I took different recipe's and made bierocks. I used ground Italian turkey, canned sauerkraut, one onion, pepper with a tbsp of Cheddar cheese for the filling and crescent rolls for the outside. It made for a fairly healthy meal and only costs $4.35 to feed a family of six. (I am taking a serving to my mom).

Stay tuned for more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment