Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Holiday Food and other ramblings

How to conquer holiday food....well today I ate the icing while someone else  at the cupcake. I never cared much for cake itself, but I love the frosting/icing. Use to, I would have just ate the entire thing, even if I didn't like it.  However, I most likely didn't need the calories.  We will have lean ham and turkey for dinner. Sugar free foods as much as possible...and no bread for me. I have learned to eat my pie without eating very much of the crust. Pickles are always a Christmas favorite at our house and are healthy. The only thing I can't make healthy is the fudge. I am sure I will have way to many carbs to say the least.

I am noticing that sugar tends to feed depression and to much caffeine feeds my anxiety. Christmas tends to lead to depression anyways...so sugar is no no. I keep telling myself that, but I know I will eat more than what I should. I think the following day the kids and I will take a trip on Dart to downtown and take a walk and play at the park on top of the freeway if the weather is nice. The important thing is, whatever we put it, we must use and not store.

Reflecting on the past...

I have noticed that I stopped loosing weight the week I stopped journaling my food intake and my workout time. I had better fix that. I have also learned that yes, I do stress eat. I don't think I realized how much stress eating I was doing in the past. It is time to find a new to relax. My favorite relaxation food was Dr. Pepper, Reeces and french fries. I no longer drink Dr Pepper (other than about once a month allow myself to have one). That is a huge change for me! I can't believe how much I use to drink! This Christmas, there will be no soda pop other than for my mom. My kids have also learned that pop is not the best choice out there. We drink teas, zero cal vitamin water, lemonade and coffee. I took my kids to the QT and my kids picked up water, milk and eggnog. I am proud of them for choosing healthy drinks.

It is that time of month that we are scrapping what is left in our cupboards and refrigerator. Tonight's supper was not the best. We had mashed potatoes, sausage gravy and turkey bacon.

It is hard to eat properly when I don't get a lunch break all of the time. It is very hard to watch, and care for six year old boys and take small bites and chew slowly.  One day I was finishing my lunch as the lapband hiccup came out one of my students says, "Mrs. don't throw up." I have never had that issue in front of my students but that was pretty funny.

This was almost two years ago, while I am not where I want to be, I am better than where I was. Wow! My girls were so little!

I am eating way to fast and food keeps getting stuck. I must get this under control.  Again, this is pretty unedited as I am tired and it is late.

No comments:

Post a Comment