Tuesday, January 13, 2015

2015....a New Year...three years later and a few food ideas

I realized I have not blogged in a few months. So, I guess it is time!

It has been three years since I chose to go down this journey with a WLS surgery. While I have not made my goal, I am happy with the fact that I have not gained weight in the last three years and I am still down 40 pounds from where I was when I started dancing again.

These days I mostly just dance on the treadmill and elliptical and a little in my classroom. I am finally back at the gym since my surgery in September. I have to start slow and work my way up. Today was the first day that I did 30 minutes on the elliptical in the last five months. I still took it slow I did 2 miles while my husband did 3.5 miles in the same 30 minutes. After that we tag teamed the weight room, mostly working on upper body strength. Ir is nice to have my partner in life working out with me!  On non-school days my teens go work out with us too. It is nice that they are finally supporting me by participating with me.

I think I have found the "green" zone with my band. This is the first time EVER that I have hit that mark with the band. It's about time after two and half years and two corrective surgeries. I wish I could say I am loosing weight, but I am not. My pants are a little looser, but not by much. Hopefully now that I can handle the elliptical again and that I am satisfied with 1200 cals a day things will start improving.

Another plus, my A1C levels are lower than they have been in 10 years. All of my other lab work came back normal. I have a lap that I didn't have three years ago. Mentally I am stronger.

On the negative outcome...I am still obese, still can't fit in rides at most parks. The corrective surgery has caused me to have high blood pressure. We are pretty sure that I won't have to stay on meds for long, but for now I have to take Losartan.
 I am gathering meal on my pinterest  to keep my food options more entertaining.  Here is my favorite Recipes:

Breakfast: Bacon bowls:
One strips of turkey bacon split in half layerd inside cupcake pan, one egg on top of the bacon, with spinach and fat free cheese. Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes.
Amazing Pinterest world: Bacon Egg Cups--I'd modify this recipe using egg whites & turkey bacon.
Lunch: Diced Grilled Chicken with tomato in pesto sauce.
Dinner: Ground Turkey and Couscous stuffed Bell Peppers.
Meatball Stuffed Bell Peppers ~1 small onion-grated,   1 egg,  ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves,    3 Tbsp ketchup,    2 cloves garlic-minced,    1 tsp salt,    ¼ tsp black pepper,    ¼ c grated Parmesan cheese,    ¼ c quick “one minute” oats,    1 pound lean ground turkey,    4 bell peppers, halved (any color bell pepper is good!),    ½ c sugar free marinara sauce
I have replace rice, potatoes and most pasta's in our house with Couscous and  quinoa .

No comments:

Post a Comment